Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Bidder BEWARE

So I've been trying to buy a certain machine on Yahoo Japan Auctions for a few months now.

Since I live in Quebec, I have to use a proxy bidding / buying / shipping service.


The desired machine pops up on YJA. I bid on the machine... bid is received.

Auction ends... I'm the highest bidder (i.e. the winner) and my payment is sent automatically.

A few minutes later (after the money being paid), I get an email (alert) that my bid has been removed and that I will be reimbursed.

Only the next day do I actually get my money back.

Turns out the seller cancelled the auction after the auction was closed. I guess the machine didn't sell for enough money.

This is more of a cautionary tale than a rant. Bidder Beware!

It ain't over till the package is on your doorstep.